To limit the amount of water damage a plumbing issue can cause at your home, it’s important to act quickly. If left untreated this can lead to floor and wall damage, and the potential growth of mold and mildew. When you need emergency plumbing repairs, call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling for 24-hour services. Your local plumbing experts since 1964, we provide trustworthy services to the Malvern, PA area.
When your neighbors in Malvern, PA need plumbing repairs, they call us. Find out why when you read our testimonials!
We provide complete plumbing services to Malvern, PA, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Gas Leak Detection
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal Services
- Bathroom Remodeling Services
- Burst Pipe Repair Services
What Causes Burst Pipes?
When a pipe bursts it can quickly cause major damage to your home, causing a plumbing emergency. To try to avoid this, it’s important to know what causes burst pipes. Some reasons can include:
- Freezing temperatures: If the temperature dips too low, it can cause the water inside the pipes to freeze and then expand until they burst.
- Major clogs: These can cause water pressure to build-up in the pipes.
- Aging pipes: Wear and tear can cause pipes to corrode and crack.
- Tree roots: Nearby tree roots can infiltrate your pipes.
- Shift: A shift in the earth can cause pipes to burst.
- Construction: A construction project at your home could cause damage to pipes.
What to Expect During a Water Heater Tune-Up
To avoid having to shower in cold water when your water heater unexpectedly goes out, it’s important to schedule maintenance with a plumber at least once a year. During this tune-up, you can expect the professional to:
- Drain the basin and remove any buildup of sediment. If not done regularly, this can cause a myriad of issues.
- Inspect both the inside and outside of the unit for hairline cracks or signs of aging.
- Check for any cracks in the hoses.
- Inspect and change your filters when needed.
- Determine if the unit is operating at maximum efficiency.
We understand that unexpected plumbing issues may cause a financial burden. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers!
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Cleaning your drains might be a task you think you can do yourself. They sell kits at the hardware store, so how hard can it be, right? While you might be able to maneuver the tools in the kit as directed, it doesn’t mean you can adequately - and safely - remove clogs from your drains. You need to call a plumber to schedule professional drain cleaning services when you notice the following symptoms:
- Slow drains: These can indicate the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If your pipes clog frequently it can mean you’re not successfully removing the entire blockage from the pipe when trying to do it yourself.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: Having several drains clogged at the same time can indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Smells coming from your drains can indicate one of two issues -- either food that is trapped inside your drain or a major issue with your sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can indicate a sewage backup. The drain may soon stop working completely, and you could have contaminated water all over your floor.