While summer can bring fun and sun, it can also bring hot and humid weather. To beat the heat, you need a fully functioning air conditioning system. When you need repairs, routine maintenance, or replacements, call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling. A family-owned company since 1964, we provide 24-hour AC repairs to the Malvern, PA area. Call us to schedule an appointment today!
We take pride in providing trustworthy and comprehensive cooling services. But don’t take our word for it - read our testimonials to see what our customers think of our work!
We provide complete cooling services to Malvern, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Air Conditioning Repairs and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Air Handler Services
- Indoor Air Quality and Purification
Benefits of Installing a New AC Unit
Is your aging air conditioner unlikely to make it through another summer? Be proactive and replace the unit before it completely fails, leaving you to endure a hot house. Some of the benefits of installing a new system can include:
- Increased energy efficiency, which can result in lower utility bills.
- Maximum indoor climate control to help you better manage the temperature in your home.
- Improved indoor air quality, which can help reduce allergy and asthma symptoms.
- Increased shelf life, giving you peace of mind that you won’t need to replace the unit in the near future.
- New technology and features to provide more consistent cooling throughout your house.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Like all systems in your house, from time-to-time, your air conditioner may need repairs. Some of the most common problems you might encounter with your unit can include:
- The unit isn’t producing cold air. Intermittent cooling or a complete lack of climate control is a serious sign that your unit needs to be inspected by a professional.
- Air isn’t flowing through your vents properly. This can cause your system to work harder to cool your house, which can add wear and tear to the unit and cause your utility bills to increase.
- Your thermostat is malfunctioning, causing hot and cold spots throughout your house.
- Moisture is leaking from the air conditioner. This can indicate the drain tube is blocked or broken. This could also signal a refrigerant leak, so it should be inspected by an AC contractor to ensure your safety.
Don’t let unexpected air conditioner repairs put a dent in your budget. Ask us about our financing options!
What to Expect During an AC Tune-Up
To keep your air conditioner functioning - especially during the hottest days of summer - it’s important to have it maintained by a professional at least once a year. When you schedule a tune-up, you can expect an AC contractor to perform the following tasks on your unit:
- Check the refrigerant to make sure the unit has the right amount and look for any leaks.
- Inspect the air ducts for excessive debris and potential leaks. If any issues are discovered, a professional may recommend air duct services.
- Ensure the proper amount of air is flowing through your evaporate coil. Examine the coil to determine if there are any other issues.
- Check the electric control sequence and ensure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals. If needed, apply a non-conductive coating.
- Apply oil to the motor as needed.
- Examine the belts to look for signs of wear and tear.
- Inspect the other working components to ensure they are working properly.
- Check the thermostat to make sure it’s properly controlling the indoor climate.