At McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling, we know that not every plumbing issue requires immediate attention. But, sometimes, the longer you wait, the more extensive the damage and expensive the repair is. Whether it's a burst pipe or an overflowing toilet, our highly-skilled technicians are standing by 24/7 to help.
Contact us when you need quick clogged toilet repair.
Our Emergency Plumbing Services
Most Folcroft, PA residents don't give a second thought to their home's plumbing system until something goes wrong. Some problems, like a slow drain, can wait. However, sometimes you run into issues that require help right now. Our 24 hour plumbing service is another reason why McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling is the area's go-to source when residents need plumbing assistance. Call us if you experience:
- Overflowing Toilet
- Backed Up Sewage
- Stopped Up Drain
- Burst Pipes
- Leaking Pipes
- Sump Pump Failure
- Water Heater Failure
Regardless of the time, our techs are standing by, ready to assist you with emergency repairs at no extra charge.
Why You Need Professional Clogged Drain Repair
Drain clogs are common household problems, and they range from mildly annoying to dangerous. And when homeowners experience clogs, they often reach for a store-bought drain cleaning product or the trusty plunger. However, these remedies aren't the best way to fix clogged drains because chemical cleaners are toxic, damage plumbing, and often push the clog deeper into the system. Plungers can dislodge obstructions, but they don't clean the pipes, and the clog returns.
When you have clogged drains, consider these benefits to hiring a professional.
Pros rely on various techniques to remove clogs — all of which are safer for your plumbing than chemical drain cleaners. Pros might use a drain snake or hydro jetting to remove waste. Drain snakes and hydro jetting are both effective, safe, and environmentally friendly.
Also, professional drain cleaning techniques clean the pipes' walls, which leaves them in a like-new condition. This thorough cleaning means you experience fewer clogs down the road.
Lastly, a professional drain cleaning company cleans pipes and drains much more quickly and thoroughly than the average homeowner.
If you're still on the fence about hiring a professional to clean your drains and pipes, contact us for a consultation.
If you're sick and tired of that old bathroom, contact us and ask about our bathroom remodeling service.
When to Consider Water Heater Replacement
How do you know when you should replace your water heater? If you perform routine maintenance on your water heater, it should provide efficient service for many years. However, every appliance breaks down eventually. Here are a few signs to watch for that indicate that your water heater is beginning to fail.
- Age: The average water heater lasts 15-20 years, so if yours is in that range or older, plan on replacing it soon.
- Less Hot Water: If you don't get as much hot water as before, or the water doesn't stay hot for as long as it used to, it's a signal that the water heater is failing.
- Rising Energy Bills: Another sign that your water heater is failing is that your energy bills continue to increase. As your water heater ages, it loses efficiency and must work harder to provide the same amount of hot water as before.
- Discolored or Cloudy Water: If the water is rust-colored or cloudy, it could mean that the tank's inside is rusting.
- Frequent Repairs: Keep track of how frequently your water heater requires repairs. The average water heater shouldn't require repairs but every two or three years, so if you're repairing yours more regularly, you're better off spending that money on a new unit.