Here in Elwyn, PA, residents commonly experience plumbing problems. Whether it’s a clogged drain, a broken water heater, or sewage backup, they’ve come to trust the experts at McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling. We’re a family-owned business that’s served the area since 1965 and we’d love the chance to earn your business too.
Don’t let a failed air conditioner leave you hot under the collar, contact us for our expert AC services.
Our Emergency Plumbing Services
Most people don’t give a second thought to their plumbing system until something goes wrong. When facing a plumbing issue, many people call a plumber to make an appointment. But what happens when a pipe bursts in the middle of the night or the water heater fails over a holiday weekend? Thankfully, McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling is standing by 24/7 to get you out of a jam. Here are the most common emergency situations we handle
- Overflowing Toilets: Toilet clogs happen all the time, but what do you do when the toilet overflows and floods the bathroom? It could be a clog in the system or it may be an issue with an external plumbing vent.
- Frozen Pipes: It’s not uncommon in this area to have below freezing temperatures during winter. If pipes freeze, they’re at risk of bursting, which can lead to flooding and water damage.
- Burst Pipes: When pipes burst and water enters the house, it can damage floors, walls, furniture, and valuables. Also, water in the house leads to mold growth, which is known to cause health issues.
- Water Heater Leaks: No matter where your water heater is located, most people don’t take the time to inspect it to make sure all is well. This leads to neglecting small problems until they become big ones. As the water tank ages, it corrodes, and eventually leaks. If you see water pooling around the water heater, it requires replacing.
If you’re facing a plumbing problem you can’t solve on your own and need help now, contact us as soon as possible.
When to call a Drain Cleaning Company
When homeowners experience slow or clogged drains they often try using remedies like plungers or chemical drain cleaners. Sometimes this works, and sometimes they don’t. When dealing with clogs, your best bet is to call in a professional to effectively remove the obstruction and ensure the safety of your plumbing.
Plungers often fail to fully remove the clog, and chemical drain cleaning products are toxic and harmful to some pipes. A professional doesn’t only remove the blockage, he cleans the drainpipe walls making clogs less likely to form again.
If you have a tough clog, call a professional for help. And once your drains are clear, call them for drain cleaning once a year to ensure your wastewater flows freely.
A water leak can prove costly if not fixed quickly. Contact us for our water leak detection service.
When to Consider Water Tank Replacement
Your water heater runs constantly to provide you with hot water whenever you need it. Working year after year, however, takes its toll, and no water heater lasts forever. While regular maintenance can keep your system running efficiently for as long as possible, eventually you’ll have to replace the system. Here are a few signs to watch for that indicate your water heater is failing.
- Discolored or Cloudy Water: If the water coming out of the tap looks cloudy or rust-colored, it may be that the tank needs draining, or it could be the tank is corroding.
- Hot Water Issues: If the hot water runs out sooner than it did before or never reaches the temperature you desire, it might be the heating element that’s failing.
- Age: As mentioned, no water heater lasts forever, and the average lifespan for a water heater is 10-15 years. If you’re using the water heater that came with the home and you have no idea when it was installed, chances are, you’re ready for a new one.