It’s not uncommon for Elwyn residents to experience hot, muggy weather during the summer months. Having a reliable and effective air conditioner is essential to modern living. At McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling, we’ve been serving the Elwyn community for 50 years. Contact us today and let us show you the difference that working with a family-owned company makes.
Don’t let an unseen water leak drain your wallet. Call us for our water leak detection services today.
Our Emergency AC Services
An AC emergency requires a quick response to restore the function of your home’s cooling system. A system failure during the summer months can cause the home's temperature and humidity levels to get out of control and impact your health. When you have trouble with your AC, know when it’s the right time to call for 24 hour repair and when it’s safe to wait for an appointment.
- Water Damage: Water damage in the house can mean losing valuables, ruined furniture, and property damage. Also, excess moisture increases the growth of mold and mildew, which is a health hazard. If your AC is leaking fluid from a clogged condensate drain, or if there is ice buildup on the coils, you need to call for repairs ASAP. Ignoring these problems not only increases the likelihood of damage to your home but also to your AC system.
- Electrical Issues: An AC system that exhibits electrical problems is one that requires immediate repair. Be on the lookout for a system that continually trips the breaker, dims the lights when running, or emits a burning electrical odor. Electrical repairs are not DIY projects and are best left to the pros.
Our expert AC repair technicians are standing by 24/7, ready to help when you need them most.
Signs You Need AC Repair
As summer temperatures begin to rise, residents put heavy demands on their air conditioners to keep them comfortable. However, sometimes the system isn’t performing as it should. Below are some common signs that you need to call in an expert for a repair or tune-up.
- Warm Air: If the air coming out of the vents is warm or not as cold as you like despite what the thermostat says, check and make sure the system is set to cool mode. If this doesn’t fix the problem, call for an appointment.
- Weak Airflow: Another common problem that plagues aging air conditioners is inadequate airflow. Weak airflow could be caused by a blockage, a clogged air filter, or a broken motor.
- Short Cycling: Your AC unit should go through normal cooling cycles regardless of the temperature outside. While it’s natural for the system to cycle more frequently on hotter days, it shouldn’t cycle on and off rapidly. If your system is cycling too often, call an expert for help.
- High Humidity: High humidity outside is natural during summer, but you don’t want that humidity in the house. Your AC unit is supposed to regulate humidity, so if it’s not keeping moisture levels in an acceptable range, call us for AC repair.
- Fluid Leaks: Your air conditioner uses refrigerant to keep your home cool, and it might produce condensation during operation. However, liquid shouldn’t accumulate or leak into your house. If you see pooled water or a leak around the AC unit, call us for help.
- Strange Sounds: Nearly all air conditioners make a little noise during operation, particularly during startup and shutdown. But, if you hear strange noises you’ve not noticed before, such as rattling, buzzing, or squealing, it could be a serious problem.
Don’t wait for your AC system to exhibit trouble. Call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling for our AC maintenance and tune-ups.
How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner
The best way to keep your air conditioner running efficiently and extend its lifespan is to perform routine maintenance on it. Here are a few tips to follow.
- Change or clean the filter at least once a month.
- Clean both the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Inspect the coil fins and repair any that are bent.
- Check the condensate drain channels for clogs and clean them if needed.
- Call a professional AC contractor for a tune-up once a year.