When you have to start speeding up your showers to avoid standing in ankle-high water, you know it’s time to have your drains cleaned. For clogged drains and other plumbing services - including emergency repairs and routine installations - call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling. A family-owned company since 1964, we offer trustworthy and comprehensive plumbing repairs and replacements to the Devon, PA area.
We love to get feedback from our customers. Read our testimonials to see what our clients are saying about our services.
We provide complete plumbing services to Devon, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Burst Pipe Repair Services
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Gas Leak Detection
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal Services
- Bathroom Remodeling Services
Ways to Prevent Clogged Toilet Emergencies
Did you know a clogged toilet can turn into a plumbing emergency? While you might initially be focused on the inconvenience it can cause your household, the problem can also lead to water damage and health problems if the sewage overflows into your home. To prevent these issues, follow these tips to avoid clogged toilets:
- Don’t flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Don’t place large wads of toilet paper in the bowl.
- Don’t flush paper towels.
- Don’t flush Q-tips or hygienic products.
- Don’t flush hair trimmings or nail clippings.
To help prevent these items from being placed in the toilet bowl, keep a wastebasket in the bathroom for easy disposal.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
When installing a new water heater in your home, you have the choice between a traditional unit with a large tank or a tankless system. There are several benefits to opting for a tankless unit, including the following:
- These units take up less space as they do not have a large storage tank.
- You don’t have to wait for the tank of water to heat up to have hot water. This allows hot water to be available whenever you need it, and it can also save energy.
- These systems can be safer than traditional units as they have features that will turn off the unit if a pressure or flow problem occurs.
- Tankless units can last longer than traditional systems. Their lifespan can be 20 years or more, which is almost double the expectancy of a traditional unit.
Don’t delay plumbing repairs due to the fear of the bill. We offer financing options to our customers to help make unexpected plumbing services fit with your budget.
Easy Ways to Avoid Clogged Drains
Are your sinks draining slowly? Are you showering in standing water? Is there an odor coming from your kitchen sink? These can all be signs that you have clogged drains and need to call a plumber to remove the blockages. To avoid these issues, follow these tips:
- Keep food scraps out of kitchen drains. Even if you have a garbage disposal, first scrape food into the trash before doing dishes.
- Avoid pouring grease down the drain. To dispose of it, put it in a sealable container, let it cool, and put it in the garbage.
- Install a screen over your bathroom drains to collect hair and prevent it from flowing down the drain.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings with a plumber.