Don’t risk having your heating system go out in the middle of winter. Instead, be proactive and schedule repairs at the first signs of trouble, or book a tune-up before the cold weather hits. Call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling for repairs, maintenance, and replacements in Devon, PA. Since 1964, our family operated company has offered trustworthy and comprehensive heating repairs. We also provide 24-hour emergency services!
Curious why your Devon neighbors call us when they need furnace repairs or installations? Read our testimonials to find out!
We provide complete heating services to Devon, PA, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Furnace Installations
- Furnace Repairs
- Heater Installations
- Heater Repairs
- Geothermal Heating
- Heat Pump Services
- Boiler Services
Common Problems With Heaters
Occasionally, your heater may need to be repaired by a heating contractor. Some of the most common issues a technician may need to fix are:
- Uneven heating: If your house has hot and cold spots throughout, it can signal your system needs repairs.
- Shuts down: If your heater turns on and off frequently, it can be attributed to faulty wiring, a failing pilot light for gas-powered systems, or even a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Long time to heat: If your system takes too long to heat up, it can indicate leaky air ducts in your home, damaged fan motors, or issues with the belts and bearings.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
While the initial thought of replacing your furnace might make you anxious, the benefits can outweigh any hesitations you might have. Some of the advantages of installing a new unit can include:
- It comes with the latest bells and whistles to provide you with the newest capabilities to heat your home.
- New units are more energy-efficient than older models. They can consume up to 30 percent less fuel than older systems.
- These systems can make less noise than older units.
- It can provide more consistent heating in your home.
We understand that unexpected furnace repairs can put a dent in your budget. To help, we offer financing options to our customers!
How to Properly Maintain Your Furnace
To keep your furnace running as expected all winter, it’s important to properly maintain it throughout the year. Some tasks you should perform on the unit include:
- Schedule an annual inspection with a professional in the late spring or early fall.
- Replace the furnace filters regularly - at least every three months. This can help remove dust, pet dander, and other particles from your home.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor in your property and have it inspected regularly.
- Check the furnace ducts to ensure they are sealed properly.
- Examine the blower to look for obstructions and to determine if it needs to be lubricated.
- Inspect the inside of the furnace for defects including rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” on the furnace to prevent overheating.
- Check the gas meter’s rate of fuel usage.
- Clean the area around the unit to ensure it’s accessible.