If your AC is on the blink and the temperatures inside are about to pop the thermometer, you need an AC contractor you can count on to fix the problem quickly and return your life back to normal. At McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling, we’ve been serving Concordville residents since 1965. Our technicians are highly trained and able to fix nearly all makes and models. Call for an appointment.
If you have a stubborn drain clog, contact us for our superior drain cleaning service.
When to Call for AC Repairs
As temperatures begin to rise here in Concordville, residents fire up their air conditioners to keep them comfortable. However, sometimes the AC system isn’t up to the job. Here are some signs that it’s time to call a pro in for a repair.
- Warm Air: If you feel warm air blowing out of the vents, check the thermostat and make sure it's set to cool mode. If you still get warm air, it could be a bad compressor.
- Poor Airflow: Weak or poor airflow is the most common symptom of an air conditioner that isn't working correctly. It could be a dirty air filter, a blockage, or something more serious like a broken motor.
- Frequent Cycling: Your AC should go through regular cooling cycles regardless of the temperature. Frequent cycling means that the system kicks on and off more than normal. This cycling means there’s a problem and can put excess wear and tear on your system.
- Moisture Leaks: If you see moisture around your AC unit, it could be a refrigerant leak or a clogged condensate line.
AC repairs are best left to the professionals. Call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling for expert service.
Like any machine, your air conditioner requires regular maintenance to keep it in top running condition and to guard against sudden failure. Follow these tips to keep your AC running well and efficiently.
- Change or clean the filters at least once a month.
- Clean the AC coils.
- Check the coil fins and straighten ones that are bent.
- Check the condensate drain for clogs.
- Call a professional and ask about their AC maintenance service.
Be ready for Old Man Winter’s arrival by contacting us for our heating services today.
Our Emergency AC Services
If you have an old air conditioner there’s a good chance that you’ll need an emergency repair soon. To avoid a total system failure, watch out for these signs that your AC unit is failing.
- Strange Noises: A failing air conditioner is likely to make unusual sounds such as squealing or grinding. It’s not uncommon for an AC unit to emit sounds while operating, but get to know when something sounds off.
- Strange Electrical Issues: If your air conditioner is in bad condition, it may cause electrical issues like tripped breakers and power outages.
- Foul Odors: If you smell an unpleasant odor in the home when your AC is running, it could mean there is mold buildup or it may be an electrical problem.
If you need AC repair right away, you can count on McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling for 24/7 support.