If you have a plumbing problem -- from a clogged drain to a frozen pipe to a malfunctioning water heater -- you need superior plumbing services. Call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling for 24-hour emergency plumbing services in Berwyn, PA. As a family operated business, we offer trustworthy and comprehensive plumbing repairs. Schedule an appointment today!
Find out why your Berwyn, PA neighbors call us when they need plumbing repairs and installations. Read our testimonials!
We provide complete plumbing services to Berwyn, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Gas Leak Detection
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal Services
- Bathroom Remodeling Services
- Burst Pipe Repair Services
How to Avoid Burst Pipe Emergencies
Burst pipes can quickly cause severe damage to your home. To avoid the extensive water damage, it’s important to prevent burst pipes. Some ways to avoid this plumbing emergency include:
- Ensure your pipes are properly insulated. This is especially important during winter.
- Run water at a trickle in your sinks when the temperatures dip to promote a constant flow of water.
- Call a plumber if you notice reduced water pressure in your property.
- Look for signs of leaks inside your property.
- Have your pipes inspected by a professional.
- Have aging pipes replaced proactively.
- Schedule routine drain cleanings to remove any buildup in your pipes.
Common Problems With Water Heaters
Your household relies on your water heater to provide hot water for baths, showers, dishes, laundry, and more. To avoid inconveniences, it’s important to call a plumber at the first signs of an issue. Some common problems you might experience with your system can include:
- Absence of hot water: Perhaps the most common issue with a water heater is a lack of hot water. For gas-powered water heaters, this can be due to an extinguished pilot light. It can also be caused by a more serious problem, such as a damaged heating element.
- Leaks: If you spot a leak, have a plumber inspect it so he or she can determine the severity and decide if the unit can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced.
- Excess noise: If your system starts to make loud or unusual noises, it can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit. Both issues should be inspected by a professional.
- Cracks: Like with a leak, if you spot a crack it should be examined by a plumber to determine if it can be fixed or if a new water heater needs to be installed.
We understand that unexpected plumbing issues can put a strain on your monthly budget. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers.
Benefits of Scheduling Regular Drain Cleaning Services
If left untreated, clogged pipes can cause water damage to your home and other issues with your piping system. To avoid these problems, schedule regular drain cleaning services with a professional. Some of the benefits of having regular cleanings can include:
- Clear stubborn clogs you may be unable to remove on your own.
- Eliminate slow drains, especially in the bathtub or shower.
- Lower the risk of plumbing emergencies.
- Reduce odors by removing blockages.
- Provide the opportunity for plumbers to identify other issues before they become larger, such as leaky pipes and improperly graded or ventilated drains.