When winter weather hits, you want to be able to rest assured that your heating system is up to the challenge of keeping your property warm and safe. Ease your anxiety by calling McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling to schedule repairs, routine maintenance, tune-ups, or installations. A family operated company, we provide 24-hour emergency furnace repairs to the Berwyn, PA area.
Read our testimonials to see why your Berwyn, PA neighbors trust us with all of their furnace repairs and installations.
We provide complete heating services to Berwyn, PA, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Heater Installations
- Furnace Installations
- Geothermal Heating
- Heater Repairs
- Furnace Repairs
- Heat Pump Services
- Boiler Services
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
While it might feel like there’s no warning that your heater is malfunctioning until you walk into an icy cold home in the middle of winter, there are signs that can signal your unit needs repairs. Some of these can include:
- Your property isn’t getting warmer.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your house, leaving hot and cold spots.
- Your system starts to make loud or unusual noises.
- Your monthly utility bills are increasing without a change in usage.
- The temperature of your house doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- You suspect your ductwork is leaking.
If you notice any of these symptoms, call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling to schedule repairs with one of our heating contractors.
Symptoms That Indicate You Need a New Furnace
Replacing your furnace is probably not at the top of your to-do list this winter. However, there are some signs that you can’t ignore that can indicate you need to install a new unit. If you notice the following symptoms you should schedule an appointment with our furnace experts to discuss replacing your unit before your existing system completely fails:
- Age: If your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Loss of efficiency: If your system can no longer effectively heat your home.
- If there are any cracks in the system: This can lead to a dangerous situation, like a carbon monoxide leak, so cracks need to be inspected by a technician immediately.
- Rise in monthly utility bills: This can indicate your unit is using more energy than necessary to heat your home.
- Multiple repairs: If your unit needs several repairs, it can be more cost-effective to replace the system.
We get it - unexpected furnace repairs might not be in your budget right now. Don’t delay the work. Ask us about our financing options!
Ways to Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
Heating your home in the winter can take a toll on your utility bills. While it’s necessary to keep your home warm, there are ways to make your furnace more energy-efficient to reduce your bills:
- Install a programmable thermostat to better control the temperature.
- Make sure your air ducts are in good working condition.
- Make sure your property is well insulated.
- Schedule regular maintenance visits with a professional.
- Change the filter regularly.
- Let the sunlight in to add heat to your home.