Summer can bring hot and humid weather. To escape the elements, you want a cool and comfortable house to come home to. Make sure your air conditioner is up to the task by scheduling a tune-up or repairs. Call McLoughlin Plumbing Heating & Cooling when you need your unit fixed, maintained, or replaced. A family-owned company, we provide 24-hour plumbing services to the Berwyn, PA area.
Why do your Berwyn, PA neighbors call us when they need AC repairs? Read our testimonials to find out!
We provide complete cooling services to Berwyn, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Air Conditioning Repairs and Maintenance
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Indoor Air Quality and Purification
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner
Did your air conditioner barely make it through last summer? Instead of crossing your fingers that it makes it through another year, watch for these signs that can indicate you need to replace your unit:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old.
- Your utility bills are increasing, indicating a loss of efficiency.
- Your property is no longer reaching a desirable temperature.
- Your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Your system needs a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your unit has a leak.
- You hear strange sounds, which could indicate an issue with your motor.
- You feel cold air coming out of the unit, but it is not blowing as strongly as it should.
Easy Ways to Save on Your Cooling Costs
It’s necessary to keep your house cool and comfortable in the summer months, but this can cause your utility bills to rise. To help reduce these costs, use these tips:
- Make sure your home is properly insulated.
- Replace the air filters in the unit regularly.
- Have your system inspected and tuned up at least once a year by a professional.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Turn your unit down a few degrees. This will save energy and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- Replace your outdated system with a newer, energy-efficient model.
- Use fans to help circulate the air.
- Close the drapes on sunny days to keep extra heat out.
Are you putting off having your air conditioner repaired because it’s not in your budget right now? Don’t delay repairs. Ask us about our financing options!
Need to Recharge Your Refrigerant? Watch for These Signs
Your air conditioner needs refrigerant in order to properly cool your house. If you notice the following signs, it’s time to schedule an appointment with an AC contractor to have your refrigerant recharged:
- The unit seems to be working normally but it’s not pumping out cold air. It might even be blowing out warm or room temperature air.
- The temperature of your property doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- If there is frost built up on the tubes, motor, or other parts of the system, this can indicate a leak that will need to be inspected and repaired by a professional.