Your Furnace Needs a Fall Tune-Up Every Year
It’s that time of year again. The summer is coming to an end and it’s time for that annual fall furnace tune-up. It can be hard to think about firing up your furnace when the weather is still mild. After all, it may not be the dead of summer, but it’s still warm out there! That said, the mercury will be falling before we know it, and soon you’ll be cranking up the thermostat to keep your family (and your toes) toasty.
While it can be easy to forget the benefits of an annual fall furnace tune-up, this doesn’t mean there aren’t any. There’s a great deal more to it than checking to make sure the unit turns on when you switch your thermostat from “cool” to “heat.”
Consider the many differences this small maintenance step can make every year:
• Ensures your family’s safety – Even small problems with combustion or exhaust can cause gasses to leak into the air you breathe. Should this include gasses such as carbon monoxide, the problem could be dangerous. A properly maintained furnace functioning at its best will effectively remove any dangerous gasses it produces.
• Reduces the risk of breakdowns – When a professional gives your furnace a tune-up, potential issues can be caught before they can become problems. Routine professional care addresses a spectrum of factors, from tightening loose components, identifying and replacing damaged parts and cleaning dirt buildup. When left unaddressed, these are among the top reasons that larger breakdowns can occur.
• Decreases energy costs – A properly tuned up furnace will function at its best efficiency. This can have a direct impact on its energy use – something you’ll enjoy on your utility bills each month.
• Improves home air quality – Throughout a season of use, your furnace accumulates everything from dust to pollen and from various forms of grease and from oils to mold spores. Routine maintenance and regular furnace filter changes can remove these buildups and will not only improve the air circulation in your home but will also filter that air more effectively to improve air quality.
• Lengthens the lifespan of your furnace – When you keep up your furnace each year and regularly avoid unnecessary wear and tear on the unit, it will last considerably longer. Alternately, without proper maintenance, you could greatly reduce – or even half – the life of a furnace. A quick fall tune-up every year can save you a great deal of time and money over the years.
If you still need one more benefit to tuning up your furnace this month, then don’t forget the current $59 Tune Up special at McLoughlin Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Call us at (610) 649-8080 to speak with one of our friendly experts to schedule an appointment at your next convenience.