Did you know, the Weather Channel is forecasting southeastern Pa. is going to have well above average daytime temperatures from March through May? This early spring warm up isn’t going to be a blip on the screen, so most likely, you will be turning on your AC unit a lot sooner than what you expected.
- You can save money by taking advantage of our tune up specials and scheduling your tune up in early spring. Don’t forget, we also offer a Comfort Care Maintenance Program to save you money on tune ups and service all year long while also giving you peace of mind.
- You’ll also save money in the long run. Can you imagine your air conditioning unit not working in the middle of July? Not only will that be a major inconvenience, but it’ll also cost you more to repair or replace your unit when it dies on you. A spring tune up costs less than $100. A new unit will set you back $2,000-$10,000.
- You’ll save money on utilities after your air conditioning unit gets its tune-up. By having your system working efficiently, your unit will use less energy to cool your home.
- The average lifespan for a central air conditioning unit is 15-20 years. Our service technicians will check and clean your system to ensure that you get the best return on investment from your unit.
- Our service technicians will check the following at your tune up to make sure your unit is working at its best:
- Check your refrigerant levels to make sure there are no leaks.
- Make sure that all electrical parts are working.
- Clean the unit’s coils and evaporator.
- Apply oil to motors as needed.
- Check your thermostat to make sure it’s efficiently cooling your home.
- Make sure the unit’s condenser is working properly.
- Clean and replace air filters.
At McLoughlin PHC, we serve the greater Philadelphia, Pa. region including Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties. Beat the rush and save some money at the same time, call us today at 610.649.8080 or fill out our contact form.
Energy.gov, “Energy Saver 101 Infographic: Home Cooling.”
Hardy, Rachel, “5 Things to Know about A/C Maintenance,” Angie’s List, May 14, 2012.
Home Advisor, “How Much Does a New AC Unit Cost to Install?”
Lam, Linda, “Spring 2016 Forecast Update: Warm March Kicks Off Mild Spring for Northern U.S.,” Weather Channel, March 2, 2016.
PECO, “Tips and Guides: Home Energy Library.”