Remodeling your bathroom can provide you and your family a personal oasis while also increasing the resale value of your home.
Here are 10 tips for you to think about when designing your new bathroom for maximum impact:
- Plan for longevity. Write your wish list for your bathroom, price it, and hire a professional to help you put your dream on paper.
- Save money on plumbing. Place new water-using fixtures near established plumbing lines to save you money.
- Light up your life. Good lighting is a must at the vanity. Consider lighting over the toilet and sink areas, too.
- Don’t forget to ventilate. Bathroom ventilation is a must to remove humidity. Make sure that the ventilating system takes the humidity outside. If it ends in the attic, you risk mold damage to your ceiling joists.
- Wall spaces make great storage. Consider adding freestanding shelves on unused wall space or a slide-out tray in your vanity to store items.
- Keep it in neutral. When you add new flooring, vanities, toilets, tubs, and showers, keep the colors neutral.
- Heat your feet. Consider heated ceramic tiles to keep your feet warm when you get out of the shower or while you’re brushing your teeth.
- Go curbless. One study showed that 60% of people surveyed prefer showers that you can walk right into. Why? It’s safe, trendy, and easy to clean.
- Upgrade your toilet and sink. Consider investing in touchless faucets and high-efficiency, dual-flush toilets to save water and money.
- Don’t forget resale value. Adding a vanity in sea-green blue won’t sell as well as one in cream or gray-blue.
Are you ready for a new bath in 2016? Then call us at 610.649.8080
Riha, John. “7 Smart Strategies for Bathroom Remodeling,” HouseLogic.com.
Ibid. “7 Things to Know When Considering Adding a Bathroom,” Infographic: HouseLogic.com.
Ibid. “Love Your Bathroom Forever,” HouseLogic.com.